Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 2/3

Wow, I have been sore today, and yesterday. Yoga/pilates really kicked my ass, combined with the amped up work out on Saturday. But that's how it should be.

I was expecting a full-on pilates class at Soul Tree Studio in Lafayette, but the instructor was sick, so it was a yoga class with focus on core work. It felt soo good to work through a series over and over again. When I do yoga on my own, I just do the few poses that feel good and that I can remember, but going through sequences makes you discipline yourself, especially in a class because you want to keep up, but you can always modify to your own comfort and/or limitations.

I'm hoping to make it up there once a week for yoga and or pilates. There are a few classes that interest me. An intro to mat pilates class Monday evening or paylist yoga Saturday at 5:30 or all levels yoga on Sunday afternoon. Knowing Meghan motivates me to go, and also it's cheaper than your average studio. I looked into a place in the Cherry Creek area that was $25 for drop in classes!!! OUTRAGEOUS. Meghan's are $10 drop in or $8 or $9 per class for punch cards.

Anyways, after pilates I went out to coffee and it took a lot of self control to not get a sugared up late. Instead I went for a cafe au lait with skim milk and just one pack of real sugar. I really can't do strong straight coffee or splenda, and I figure one packet of sugar wouldn't hurt since I never drink coffee.

Then my brother met up with me and we went out to dinner (my mom bribed us with $50 if we did something together, lol) and we ate delicious Tapas as a place called The Med. Such a phenomenal restaurant. I didn't have as many veggies as I would have liked, but I was able to limit what food I did eat, and let Chris chow down on most things while I just had a bite or two of each Tapas. That's the nice thing about going out to dinner with my brother, he'll always eat your extra food you don't want.

Time spent with my brother in Boulder is different than in Durango. In Boulder we're on our own, and being together is a form of comfort. In Durango we've got different dynamics with our parents and friends around. I like the Boulder 'us' vs. the Durango 'us'.

Anyways we had a good talk and catch up session and he informed me his goal was to gain 10 pounds this semester. Hahaha the little shit is such a bean pole that he really does need to gain weight. I sometimes wish I got his tall lanky genes. Instead I got the short curvy genes.

At the risk of sounding like I'm making an excuse for eating out last night, I do feel that it's important to have those amazing meals that just knock your socks off. That's how my dinner was last night. I prepared for it by eating little throughout the day, and I worked my butt off in the pilates/yoga class. And it's all about moderation, right?

As for today, I didn't go for a walk as planned because I was sore. So I did a weight loss yoga routine that I got from an awesome yoga blogger named Tara Stiles. Tara Stiles is a HuffPost blogger and I am shamelessly addicted to the Living page for most fitness and diet tips.

I then walked to the grocery store. It wasn't fast, but that counts as a walk right? haha. Through different research on the internet I found something that said when you check out the grocery store do a quick scan of your cart and make sure it's 50 percent produce, 25 percent whole grains and 25 percent lean protein. I was pretty darn close, mostly produce. And then bread and cream of wheat and yogurt for breakfast, because my breakfast options were dwindling quickly.

Tomorrow I will amp it up with my routine from the personal trainer Elke. Or as I will call it in the future, Elke's routine. I have a chiropractor's appointment and a massage tomorrow after work. I'M SOOOO EXCITED.

I hope this isn't just a bland blog documenting what I eat and how much I work out. I promise I'll spice it up a bit. But really, having someway to document both of these things will really help I think because it stops me from eating something because I don't want to make shit up for this blog. I want to be accurate, and I want succeed at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment