Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ideal Protein?

So tonight I went to an informational meeting at my Chiropractor's office. She is offering a thing called Ideal Protein. It's slogan is "Your Last Diet" and the guy who presented said it was more of a fat loss program than a weight loss program. It is designed to reset your pancreas and direct your body to burn fat cells instead of carb and sugar cells which most bodies are used to doing because of fluctuating and off balanced insulin levels.

The first phase requires eating three Ideal Protein supplements a day combined with certain vegetables, 6 oz of protein and as much lettuce as you want. They claim that you can lose 3-5 pounds a week once you retrain your body and metabolism to burn off those fat cells.

Not going to lie, I'm super duper interested. I'm usually really skeptical about such diets....however I trust my chiropractor, and I don't think she would sponsor it if she didn't believe that it worked and that it was healthy. The only catch is it costs about $290 to start it off and about $80-90 a week after the first week until you acheive your weight loss goal.

Yes, that's a lot of money; and no, I don't have that much to start off with. But I feel like I could afford it if I weren't eating out, getting coffee or grocery shopping for major things. Yes it would be a lot of hard work, but my chrio seems to think that since I'm young I could lose the 30 pounds in 6-8 weeks. Part of the intial cost also includes supplements. The different supplements help offset the nutrients and minerals you wouldn't get on a regular diet. After the weight is lost you ease back into eating fibers and carbs and fats and learn eating habits that promote weight loss maintenance.

I'm torn. Between my frugal side, and the side of me that just wants to see the pounds melt away, and believes that this may be the solution. It took me 7 months to lost 21 pounds during my first 'transformation." Now this time, I want to lose more in less time. I'm going to have to do some serious number crunching to see if this will work.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment