Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today was a good day for my body.

Today was a rest day I guess. I treated my body right. I got enough sleep. I did a few sit ups and core work (but didn't break a sweat or get out of breath...so it still counts as a rest day, and some work for my main target area.)

I ate a healthy breakfast (cream of wheat with blueberries, a dollop of vanilla yogurt and a few chocolate chips. As a mid morning snack I had an earl grey latte with skim milk. Unfortunately they pumped a bunch of syrup into it at Starbucks that I didn't realize was part of the recipe, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

For lunch I made an excellent salad with deli turkey, blue cheese crumbles, cucumber slides, avocado and olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a handful of wasabi peas and some dried mango slices. My mid afternoon snack was an apple--gala, my fave!

After work I went to my Chiropractor's office for an adjustment and massage. The masseuse sent the entire hour just on my back, shoulder and neck. It was phenomenal. All for only $40-$20 for the chiro and $20 for the massage.

Then I came home and made one of my favorite meals from the Food Network. I really dislike frying meat, but with the salad it's a good balance of delicious flavors and healthy goodness. I've made the recipe so many times I usually adjust it depending on my mood....but instead of explaining it, there's the link.

And now I must go to bed to continue being good to my body. I am exhausted and need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment