Thursday, February 25, 2010

An example of the Ideal Protein Diet

So a lot of people have been asking me the specifics of this diet. In a nutshell I say "Atkins with additional protein supplements." The first phase (the one I am in now) requires three packets a day plus lean meat and veggies and a shit ton of vitamins and supplements. So here's an example of a day's menu:
Breakfast:
Glass of water
wildberry yogurt IP packet
vitamins: multivitamin, potassium, fish oil, probiotics

Lunch:
-vanilla pudding IP packet (My absolute favorite IP food-tastes like cake batter)
-2 cups of chopped cucumber, radishes, and celery with splash of vinegar, mustard, italian seasoning and sometimes 2 oz of tuna or a slice of deli ham
-I can also have unlimited salad but not the biggest fan of zero calorie/zero carb dressings so I refrain unless I want to have a spinach salad with olive oil and vingar (and spinach is part of my allotted veggies.)

Dinner:
7 oz of shrimp
1 cup of chicken broth
2 cups chopped green peppers and okra
garlic
splash of olive oil
cajun seasonings
more vitamins: multi, calcium, magnesium, and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.

and somewhere in there I have a third IP packet that has been a hot chocolate mixed drink or pink lemonade. If I'm super hungry still I can add protein or veggies. So usually I just grab a slice of deli ham.

So it boils down to this: 3 packets, 4 cups of approved veggies (which is A LOT!!!), 5 oz of chicken, beef, pork or 7 oz of seafood, and unlimited salad. It's not too bad, but it is amazing how much I miss fruit and sweet things that aren't artificial. But I'm getting by, and the result of losing 8 pounds is motivation enough to keep going because I know it's working and it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment