For my cardio component of this 'home workout plan' I am going to go for walks. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday. It was nice and got my heart rate pumping for sure. My only complaint was my feet. They started hurting in the arches (or where I should have arches) and I had these stupid ankle socks that kept falling down into my shoe and I stopped several times to try to pull them up.
So that's what I'm going to do, walk for 15-40 minutes each day (I'm going off of this website where I'm going off of level 3 for now, but I may amp it up to 4 after I see how this week goes.) On days where I walk for only 15 minutes, I'll go during my lunch break at work. But I'll also add my home workout from Elke, the trainer, in some sort of variation each day.
I want to workout 6 times a week. My workout today will be an hour long pilates class at my cousin's brand new studio she opened in Lafayette. If I'm up for it, and if I can get my brother to go with me I may try to go for a hike or walk in Boulder afterwards.
As for the eating component, I did really well yesterday. Part of it probably was because I woke up late and had breakfast at 11:30 and then had to force myself to eat lunch, and only had one snack. I had nothing to do yesterday after I worked out and I could have easily been tempted to veg out on the couch and snack. Although I did watch a lot of TV I kept myself busy while doing it so I didn't want to snack. And after dinner when I was craving something sweet, I went for these dried mangoes that are yummy. So I satiated the sweet tooth, but limited my snacking to fruits and vegetables.
As I was looking around at more websites devoted to my new cause, I found this statement that I liked, it's a good thing to keep in mind when eating or grocery shopping:
If you don't know what's in it, than don't eat it.

No comments:
Post a Comment