I'm the type of person who will remember arbitrary dates and tell everyone "a year ago tonight, such and such happened...." I'm THAT person who can remember the night that I started to have feelings for a certain someone (and nothing even happened that night) and uses references to other things that happened as a way to remember.
So that being said, the day(s) after the Pagosa Folk 'N Bluegrass Festival will always help me remember the fact that a year ago tomorrow I had breast reduction surgery.
A year ago tonight I was at my mom's house getting ready to start a pre-surgery fast watching the Pineapple Express with my best friend Holly in an effort to subside my overwhelming nerves for my surgery. I figured I wouldn't be able to go to sleep because of nerves, and surprisingly, was able to get a decent night's sleep before my 5 a.m. wake up call to report to the hospital. A year ago today I went to my doctor for my pre-op and he drew all over my chest in puple marker to mark where the incision lines would be.
Now, a year later, I am back to my pre-surgery weight (2o lbs down!) and I cannot believe that a year has gone by. I still am surprised with how my chest looks in a dress or shirt. I am still oh so very happy with the decision to have the surgery.
I still have chronic neck/shoulder/back tension as a result of the boobs taking their toll on my body for 8 years (how do women live their entire life with more than a DD cup???). Tomorrow I am trying acupuncture to see if it will help relieve the tension and pain.
A year later my best friend who comforted me before and after my surgery is getting married. What the hell happened to the last year? My goodness.
I used to always remember things by what grade they happened in and now I think my bench mark will be when I graduated/when I had my surgery now that I am gradeless so to speak.
In a somewhat unrelated note, I've decided this will now be my more personal blog, and I need to cool it on the way too personal commentary in the Girl in the Green Jacket link. Just for future reference. Surprise, surprise, the direction of that blog has changed once again.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment