I want to return to the motivation and inspiration I had in March to take care of myself and my body. I haven't been hard on it, but I barely knew what exercise was this summer. It took a 14 mile backpacking trip and two assumptions from strangers that I was pregnant to motivate me once again. Also, with all these lean and fit people surrounding me in Telluride, I at least want to be active.
So last week I joined the local gym with a three-month off-season discount. It is my hope that I will get in shape for ski season, and when the three months is up I can maintain that motivation and will power with downhill skiing and cross country skiing. And perhaps another off-season membership before I can try mountain biking.
Working out at this gym reminds me why I was so content going to Curves for two years. It's intimidating to be surrounded by all sorts of equipment that you don't know how to work really while big men huff and puff and stare at themselves in the mirror when you're just trying to do a few sit ups. I have all sorts of Women's Health magazines with work out tips. Next weekend I'll have to go through them for workout inspirations. As of now I'm doing 20-30 minutes of cardio and then 20-30 minutes of core and muscle work primarily on the mat. It feels good to be exercising again. Next week I will take a total body conditioning class that will surely kick my ass. My fit co-worker took it and she was sore in all sorts of new places the next day. I am waiting until next Tuesday to do it because I'll have Wednesday to take a break and I'm not going anywhere [for once] the following weekend.
I'm setting the modest intention/goal for myself to lose 15 pounds before my March 18 birthday...and fit into my skinny jeans before New Years, because I keep ripping my jeans and running low on acceptable jeans to wear to work.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment