After the suggestion that I incorporate more cardio than the original suggestion of strength training most of the time I decided to try jogging. This should impress you the reader because I have always despised running. Even in elementary school before I got hip and boobs. The last time I went for a 'jog' was when I was in 8th grade volleyball and could actually run half a mile without walking. In high school, the only running I ever did was to run to catch a bus or fake run when we had to 'run' the mile in PE classes. (I walked 90 percent of the thing, only running when I had to pass the teacher who was keeping time.)
The weather was gorgeous on Thursday (still in actually) and I walked briskly to a nearby park and began running short distances interchanged with brisk walking. The park is very big with a nice path meandering through it, so I would set a marker in front of me and run to it and then walk a bit.
It totally kicked my ass, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. I certainly am sore today (and was in bad shape yesterday!) but plan to stretch it out in yoga tonight and do it once again. The little excursion took about 35 minutes and once I get used to that I think I will increase my time to 45 minutes and then to an hour.
Ok, b
ack to the dress. I came home and was stretching and heard the fed-ex guy come and deliver it and was just THRILLED. I wanted to try on the dress immediately, but waited until I showered to try it on.I love how it looks on me. So much better than the original brown that we tried on. I know that picture isn't the best, but I was in a rush to get it up before leaving town. (It looks loose in the upper back because I didn't zip it up all the way, just clipped it at the top.)
I am disappointed that it's a size 10 because of my original goal, but with my bust size, I can't risk getting an 8 because the 10 was snug across the chest, and I want to lose weight elsewhere, not in the chest. :) I am glad to have it hanging in my closet for the next 98 days (yes Holly is counting down) as my motivation and reason for this dieting and exercise. Hopefully I'll have to alter the rest of the dress to bring it in.
I went to Greeley Thursday night and hung out with some of my favorite people. My friend Leah kept saying I looked great, and my friend Kytt said he could notice the weight loss in my face. Again, these are things I have a hard time seeing personally, but the complements feel great and I know they wouldn't make that up.
I've been in Boulder since Friday morning and have done fairly well sticking to the protocol. Granted I probably have had much more protein than normal, but I'm now back to the protocol today and had my fun for the week (with the occasional cheating).
Thursday night in Greeley I had some nachos. Carbs!!! yes I know, but I was drunk (Vodka and diet coke!) and needed something in my tummy before going to bed to help it feel better in the morning. Friday morning was ROUGH. Not because I drank excessively, but because what I did drink was probably a shock to my system which has been treated very well as of late. After breakfast and taking my vitamins I felt much better and was much more functional than I thought I'd be.
That motivated me to not drink excessively last night at the Gregory Alan Isokov concert I went to in Boulder. I took my brother out for lunch and we went to Whole Foods and I went straight to the salad bar and Chris and I split a sushi pack where I ate just the sashimi and gave him my rice. I love salad bars, especially Whold Foods'. I just have all my possible foods laid out there and can create a yummy salad with very little effort.
We went to dinner for my friend's birthday, and I will admit, I had trouble figuring out what to eat, but I had wok seared broccolini and Thai fishcakes with salmon and herbs in panko bread crumbs. The fishcakes were probably a bit excessive, but they were yummy and much better than nachos for sure. My drink with dinner was phenomenal. I had vodka, orchid liqueur and soda water. I'm sure there was some sugar in the orchid liqueur, but not as much as most beverages and it was absolutely amazing. It's very refreshing to have two drinks and stop there and really just enjoy the drinks for the taste and company you're with, rather than going for the cheapest drink and getting drunk. I also had some popcorn last night after the show with flax seed oil and salt and pepper. Soooo delicious! Popcorn is not technically permitted, but it's a good thing to 'cheat' with because it's plant based and high in fiber.
I'm hanging out in Boulder for another hour until I can go to playlist yoga at 5:30 at my cousin's studio. This week's music: Michael Franti!! At my request. :) I'm going to stretch out the tension that remains from the run, and tomorrow do both cardio and strength training with my new found routine at the neighborhood park. Maybe in the near future I won't walk the majority of the time, but for now, it works and it really good my heart rate going.
Welp, that's it for my rambling for today. If you read this further down, I thank you for reading about my mundane life in which I'm so obsessed with what I eat. Also I guess I should thank ANYONE who bothers to read this blog in general. It's a good outlet to get things off my mind or chest, and a good way to occupy my free time.
Off to Michael Franti Yoga I go!

No comments:
Post a Comment