Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not pleased with this week's weigh-in.

So I was waiting until tonight to post a blog because I thought I'd have good weight loss results to report from my weigh-in tonight. But I did not. I only lost 1 pound. Which compared to the 3 and 5 from the previous weeks was devastating and really pissed me off. Not only did I make a fool out of myself in front of my chiropractor and her staff by crying and blubbering like a dumb girl, but I also cried at a bar (where I didn't drink anything) because I met up with a friend immediately after my weigh-in.

Everyone keeps saying, well it's good you still lost 1 pound, but I don't care, I'm still pissed off and frustrated. This week, of all the weeks, was my first week of sticking to the protocol almost 98% instead of the first few weeks where I cheated once or twice. I ate what I was supposed to eat and even avoided gingerale when I had a horrendous stomach ache because I didn't want the added sugar. I had good work outs. I took all my vitamins. I worked out (not as hard as previous weeks.) My only cheating was a little bit of goat cheese and 1 thin mint girl scout cookie. I cheated much more previously and saw better results.

I'm so frustrated with this, because the diet is really starting to add up financially, and I think to myself, it's worth it if I see the results on the scale. I could lose a pound a week by eating fruit and carbs. I could lose a pound by going to the freakin' bathroom. 1 pound weight loss in this situation is unacceptable and I am pissed. The point of this strict diet is to lose 3-5 pounds not just 1. I could be doing that at home on my own.

My chiropractor was equally puzzled. She looked at my food diary and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Her suggestions were as follows:
  • Get more cardio (my least favorite aspect of exercising...it hurts my feet and I can't afford a gym to use the elliptical and don't have my bike up here with me.)
  • Weighing in in the morning instead of evening (I HOPE that was my issue this week. I drank all 64 oz of water before the weigh-in and water weight could play a factor, but 4 pounds worth?)
  • She also gave me a chart of veggies and their carb count and wanted me to readjust what veggies I ate. Some have lots of carbs in em.....news to me. I was just eating the veggies on that stupid permitted list.
In my defense I did weigh myself this weekend and in the morning with no clothes on (well tank and shorts) I had lost 5 pounds. But she won't record what my scale says of course because the baseline is their scale.


Anyways, I'm not sure what else to say tonight. I'm frustrated. Stressed out because of other things and tired. And my eyes hurt from crying and being so emotional and irrational tonight. I went from feeling really great about myself to feeling super discouraged and pissed off...shitty. I still ate my stupid ideal protein meal that was unsatisfying because I still don't want to mess this up and then made the mistake of watching the biggest loser on NBC. Not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment