I was watching TV today and saw a commercial that referred to New Years' Resolutions. It reminded me that I had set one this year and I started to think about the fact that I really have stuck with it overall.
My resolution was to be happy and healthy. I have not been both all the time for the last 5 months, but I have done things with the intention of being happy or healthy and overall I feel much happier and much healthier than I was last December.
That's not to say everything's perfect-I would be happier if I had some more money in my bank account or could lose another 10 pounds. But I love my new job. And I love my new apartment that I'm paying out the ass for in rent, and starting this pay period I will be making more money and spending less.
I haven't exercised as much as I should here in Telluride but it's still a goal of mine. I went for a walk (with bursts of running) along the river yesterday because it was just so beautiful and when I wake up early enough and have time in the morning, I'm trying to do strength training with all the exercise equipments/props I've accumulated. The good thing is, I'm pretty broke so I can't afford to buy a lot of food, so I'm on the "no money til payday" diet for a week and a half. (Gotta pay rent!)
I don't know where I wanted to go with this blog, but I felt like posting something so I don't feel like this space has been abandoned or that I have forgotten about my quest to feel fabulous.
The next month is going to be a whirlwind of film festivals, weddings and music festivals. So my June goal is to be happy (and maintain my weight, if I can't lose any, I at least won't gain more.) After the fourth of July I want to go on a cleanse diet (a healthy one) that my cousin suggested to me. My goal for July will be to be healthy. And perhaps to lose another 10 pounds. we shall see.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment